The Planet Venus is propitiated in this pooja by performing 20000 japas followed by dashamsha gayatri. Alasande or Cow-peas is given in charity. The time required to perform the japa is 5 days. The planet enhances artistic skills in people and bestows success to those in the field of performing arts like song, dance and theatre; cooking, embroidery, stitching, decoration, gardening, beauticians or any other field related to beautification (Soundary Sambandh). The planet Venus solves problems in marriage and marriage-based relations like between mother-in-law, sister-in-law etc. Grooms will be able to get a suitable bride and beget female progeny when they perform this pooja. Saves from the emotional trauma of worldly sorrows and gives learning, wisdom and knowledge. Affects understanding and appreciation of Love.
Kanjanoor Shukra temple is one such temple where the Shukra Graha dosha nivarana abhisheka is done. Shukra Graha abhisheka is a bathing ritual where Agneeshwara- the presiding deity at Shukra temple is bathed with the Panchamrit, Vibhuti, rose water, turmeric water and sandal or chandan water. white colored Vastra , shodashopachar - 16 ritualistic ways of worship are offered to Shukra Although the abhisheka will be performed on all days of the week, it is best to get it done on a Friday either in the morning or evening.
Who can get it done ?
Anybody who seeks the Grace of planet Shukra in their life can get it done.
Normally if you / your near and dear ones are suffering from some of the problems mentioned below or if you are seeking solution in the following areas you may get this done -
- If your chart indicates that your Shukra is debilitated, conjoined or aspected by malefic and natural cruel or enemy planets.
- If you are an Karkataka Lagna, Vrischika lagna, Rishabha lagna, Tula or mesha lagna ascendant
- To boost business, to start a new business venture especially in the field of software, ladies, beauty or fashion related business- beauty parlor, clothing or garments, tailoring, as a florist, sale of luxury items or offering premium services as well as interiors, creativity, aesthetics.
- To purchase premium vehicles or invest in high value assets you require the grace of Shukra
- Before getting married - especially men
- To be blessed with a romantic life
- At the time of Shukra transit every month or once a month
- To achieve success in singing, music or musical instruments, painting, sculpting or any profession related to the field of arts, films and theatre
- To be blessed with immense wealth and luxury
- To increase your logic, reasoning and analyzing capabilities
- Before you purchase a gold jewelry
- For Happiness in sexual life
- To derive love and co-operation from your spouse
- To solve problems caused by female family members - sister in law, mother in law, daughter in law, co-sister, girl friend, female colleague, female boss, female client
- To tackle health problems related to the genital organs, urinary tract, diabetes, chin, cheeks, reproductive health, anemia and potency
- For worldly enjoyments
- Enjoy benefits of Shukra Dasha
- Before you wear a diamond ring or diamond jewelry be it for an astrological remedy or otherwise.
What will you receive as prasadam ?
Kumkum and Vibhuti is received as prasadam from the temple within 1 week of scheduled date of the abhishekam.
PS : You don't necessarily have to be facing a problem or you need not be suffering from a dosha to get this pooja done. If you seek the grace of planet Shukra, you should get it done. This Pooja belongs to the basic level category. Normally the effect of this pooja remains for a period of 6 months. If you are looking for a long-term remedy that can sustain you for a period of 3 years then get a Shukra Japa done. Click here to book Shukra Japa.
About Shukra / Venus :
Shukracharya is the son of Sage Bhrigu. He is the preceptor of the demons. Shukra was the only one considered worthy of being granted the knowledge of MritaSanjivani vidya by Lord Shiva. This knowledge is supposed to bring back even dead to life.
Venus is considered as Goddess of love, marriage, beauty and comforts. It is a form of Maha Lakshmi, the wife of lord Vishnu. Venus rules over the Yajurveda and the Vasant Ritu(April and May).
Shukra owns two signs namely Rishabha and Tula. It is deeply exalted at 27 degree in Meena Rashi. Its Mooltrikona is in Tula. Shukra governs semen (potency).
In the planetary Cabinet Shukra is also a minister along with Jupiter ( Brihaspati ). Its complexion is variegated. According to “Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra” the deity, which it represents is Shachi(Consort of Lord Indra). It is of feminine gender. It represents water among the Panchbhootas or five elements. It is of Brahman Varna and has predominance of Rajsik Gunas.
Shukra is joyful, charming in physique, has beautiful and brilliant eyes, is a poet, is phlegmatic and windy and has curly hair. It represents a fortnight that is one Paksha of Moon. It is strong in the north direction. It represents an acidulous taste.
It is friendly to Budha and Shani. It is inimical to Surya, chandra, and Mangal. It considers Guru as Neutral.